The University of Technology, Jamaica is committed to ensuring the privacy and accuracy of your confidential information.
UTech, Ja.’s Privacy Promise for its web site users: Here is our promise to our web site Users:
- We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information site users share with us.
- We will limit the collection and use of information to the minimum we require to deliver the requested service.
- We will permit only authorized employees, who are trained in the proper handling of personal information, to have access to that information. Employees who violate our Privacy Promise will be subject to our normal disciplinary process.
- We will not reveal site user’s information to any external organization unless we have previously informed the user in disclosures or an agreement or where the disclosure is required by law.
- Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support services, we will require them to conform to our policy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
Personal Information We Collect and May Disclose: The personal information we collect about you comes from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you when you use the services provided on our website or other forms, such as your name, address, and telephone number,
- Information about your transactions with us, payment history, and account activity, and
- Information we receive about you from other sources, such as your employer and other third parties.
We may disclose any of the above information that we collect to other Government Agencies.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Security of information in transit to and from our web site is encrypted using SSL encryption protocols. We store all user information in secure databases protected via a variety of access controls as well as using encryption of sensitive information.
The University of Technology, Jamaica (UTech, Ja.) will not accept responsibility for items not arriving at their intended destination. All addresses submitted on the submitted form are presumed to be correct.
UTech, Ja.’s responsibility is to accurately address the requested item using the supplied address and where applicable, to dispatch the item to the elected carrier. UTech, Ja. will provide documentation relating to the dispatched items, sufficient to allow the requestor to begin tracing misplaced item. UTech, Ja. reserves the right to destroy one year old dispatch records.