President Vasciannie Presents Collection of his Publications to Calvin McKain Library
Prof. Stephen Vasciannie, CD (right), President, University of Technology, Jamaica (UTech, Ja.) presents a collection of his law publications which he authored, to Mr. David Drysdale, University Librarian during a visit and tour of the Calvin McKain Library, Papine campus on Wednesday, January 11, 2017. Sharing in the presentation is Miss Glenda Dalling, Librarian, Collection Development Unit.
President, Prof. Stephen Vasciannie on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 presented a collection of his publication of law books to the University’s Calvin McKain Library. The collection consists of ten books and ten off prints. In making the donation, Prof. Vasciannie underscored that “the library is the heart of the institution” and expressed hope that the collection will serve as a good resource material for our students and will encourage UTech, Ja. faculty members to pursue their own research and publications.
Mr. David Drysdale expressed his sincere appreciation to Prof. Vasciannie for his generous donation to the Calvin McKain Library and assured President Vasciannie that the books will significantly benefit students from across the University.
Collection of Books and Offprints
- International Law and Selected Human Rights in Jamaica (2002) - Stephen Vasciannie
- The 8th Michael Manley Lecture 2009 – Jamaica and the World – Aspects of International Law - Stephen Vasciannie
- Us and Them: International Law in a Time of Trial – Inaugural Lecture - Stephen Vasciannie
- Arguments and Facts – Caribbean Public Law, Governance, Economy and Society - Stephen Vasciannie
- The International Law Workbook – Questions and Materials for Students of Public International Law - Stephen Vasciannie
- The Privy Council Versus The Caribbean Court of Appeal – Some General Observations - Stephen Vasciannie
- The Constitution and the rule of law: some recent developments in Jamaica – Stephen Vasciannie
- West Indian Law Journal – Vol. 35 – May 2010 – No. 1 – The Caribbean Court of Justice: The Next Steps – Stephen Vasciannie
- The Role of the United Nations International Law Commission: A View from the Caribbean - Stephen Vasciannie
- Part XI of the Law of the Sea Convention and Third States: Some General Observations – Stephen Vasciannie
- The British Year Book of International Law 1999 – Seventieth Year of Issue – Oxford at the Clarendon Press 2000 – The Fair and Equitable Treatment Standard in International Investment Law and Practice - Stephen Vasciannie
- ILSA Journal of International and Comparative Law – Articles & Essays – The Inter-American Commission on Human Rights: Reform and the Question of Universality - Stephen Vasciannie
- The Cobb Family Lecture 2008 – The Human Rights Project in Jamaica – Stephen Vasciannie
Following the presentation, Prof. Vasciannie participated in a tour of the library led by Mr. Adriane Bailey and Mr. Reynaldo Hamilton, Library Support.
Happy members of the Calvin McKain Library staff welcome Prof. Vasciannie (centre) during his visit on Wednesday, January 11, 2017.
Prof. Vasciannie examines a collection of books at the Collection Development Unit where new acquisitions are treated and catalogued prior to use. Looking on are Library Clerks, Miss Deneesha Whitely (centre) and Mr. Horatio Williams.
Prof. Vasciannie (left) takes a closer look at the Library’s Online Database and Catalogue system, assisted by Mr. Adriane Bailey (right), Library Support. Mr. Drysdale, University Librarian looks on.
HANDS ON: (L – R) Prof. Vasciannie gets ready to try out a computer in the Library’s Cyber Lab, before examining equipment used for video production in the control room.
Michelle Beckford (Mrs.)
Corporate Communications Manager
University of Technology, Jamaica