Centre for the Arts was established in 1998 at the University of Technology, Jamaica (UTech, Jamaica) to link the arts with science and technology. Its focus, like its strategic positioning in the “heart” of the University’s campus, is geared toward helping its clients find their centre – a place where they arrive at a greater consciousness, confidence, competence, and courage to fulfil their potential.
- Providing a place where students develop a greater sense of consciousness, confidence, competence and courage to fulfil their true potential in the creative industries, with a focus on the Visual and Performing Arts.
- Ensuring students are provided with comparative education in the Visual and Performing Arts.
- Satisfying the cultural needs of the University of Technology, Jamaica as well as external clients.
- Guiding policy directives concerning culture and heritage at the University.
- Extending the social, academic and economic reach of students and staff in the creative industries.
- Increasing the visibility of the CFA locally, regionally and internationally.