Procedures for Post Ceremony Award Collection
The University of Technology, Jamaica (UTech, Ja.) is pleased to announce a fully online Graduation Registration System for Post Ceremony Award Collection. Effective Thursday, November 24, 2016 members of the 2016 Graduating Class are invited to Register for Award Collection online. Applications for Award Collection will be processed within a minimum of two working days.
Please note that Graduates will still have an opportunity to take graduation photos at Bryan’s Photo Studio ( View Photograph Details) up to December 20, 2016. Those who wish to register for award collection and photograph are also required to follow the procedures outlined below:
- Log on to the Student’s Portal at https://utechisas.utech.edu.jm/sipr/ to confirm that you have received academic clearance.
- Click on the Student Page, then view the Provisional Award Details under the heading ‘Your Academic Information’
- Students who have received academic clearance should submit their application by visiting the webpage at https://ecommerce.utech.edu.jm/graduation/ .
- Pay the Award Processing Fees at any Paymaster outlet within 24 hours of submitting your application.
- Within 48 hours (2 working days) minimum, the Finance and Business Services office will assess your financial obligations and advise you of your status, using the email address in your application.
- If you are financially cleared of all obligations, ( that is, tuition fee, boarding fee, library fee and award processing fee) the Finance and Business Services office will:
6.1 Send you a confirmation email indicating that you are cleared for Award Collection.
6.2 Inform you of the date when award collection will begin.
6.3 Provide the Student Records Office with confirmation of your clearance status via the Online Graduation Registration System.
7. You are required to print copies of your email confirmation & proof of payment and present to :
7.1 Students Records Office when collecting your award.
7.2 Bryan’s Studio in order to take photograph, (email confirmation & proof of payment).
8. If you are NOT financially cleared, (that is, tuition fee, boarding fee, library fee and award processing fee) the Finance Office will:
8.1 Send you an email indicating that you are NOT financially cleared for Award Collection and indicate the outstanding balance which should be paid in order to receive financial clearance.
8.2 If you or your sponsor (including Students’ Loan Bureau ) has outstanding fees to pay, you will not be cleared for graduation and will be required to visit the Students' Portal to view the details of your liability and so inform your sponsor (where applicable), to settle promptly.
8.3 If your sponsor has advised that they will not be paying the outstanding balance, you would be required to make full payment using any of the University’s payment gateways. Once we have received the outstanding payment, your application for award collection will be processed.
- If you have any queries regarding your registration form or outstanding balance, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may also visit the Customer Service Unit in the Finance Division to make personal enquiries regarding the status of your account.
PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR AWARD PROCESSING & PHOTO FEES
Paymaster Payment Procedures
- Payments for Award Processing & Photographs can be made at any Paymaster outlet island-wide, using cash, debit/credit card or Manager’s Cheque. You will be required to indicate the following to the Paymaster cashier:
- Student Identification Number
- Student Name
- Amount being paid
- Indicate to the cashier that payment is being made to “UTech, Ja.”
- Indicate to the cashier the type of payment being made, for example, graduation, tuition, boarding, etc.
- You should ensure that the details printed on the receipt corresponds to the information given to the cashier (UTech, Jamaica Bank Account number is NOT required).
- It will take at least two (2) working days for fees paid to be processed and for financial clearance to be granted for graduation.
- Retain all receipts for transactions done with the University, for future reference.
- No payments or registration form will be accepted at Finance’s Customer Service Unit